Saturday, April 9, 2011

Work, More Work, Then Another Birthday Party

Well, as I said yesterday today was also a busy day.

Since I was SO tired from my busy day yesterday, I didn't wake up until 10 a.m. Once I woke up I checked my e-mail, did some necessary spam control, then I could smell food that wasn't there and had a craving for it, it was Cinnamon Rolls so I got up and what do you know we had some, so I made them.

After we ate we had a couple hours before we had to be anywhere so Miles was playing his game and I watched and got on Facebook.

At 1 p.m. we had to get up and get ready because at 1:30 p.m. we took a tour through the possible new church buildings. That lasted.. oh, say an hour.

Once we left there I went to Wal-Mart to stock the bread, once the bread was stocked we did a little shopping then headed home. On the way home I had called my step-dad to see if we could ride with them to Lafayette for an 'event' we were all 4 going too. While being on the phone he asked if I would go work for an hour at the motel, so we dropped off the stuff we bought, then to the motel we went.

Since my objective at the motel was to wait for someone to get their stuff out of a room and my hair wasn't done, I decided to do my hair. Once my hair was done so was the guy I was waiting on and so we left and went to the church to meet my mom and Mike to carpool with them.

They were there for a church meeting about the new building. Since the meeting wasn't over Miles and I went to the back pew and sat waiting for it to end, which made us late for the party and we didn't even stay for the whole meeting.

The party was a birthday party for a friend that Miles and I have adopted as a grandpa figure (we've also adopted his wife as a grandma figure) He turned 72 today. The party was at Pizza Hut in Lafayette and there was actually 2 birthday parties down in the same area, it was packed!

We sat off to the side of the party, but both 'grandma' and 'grandpa' came to talk and sit with us, so it was fine. I got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while, so that was nice. One of their grandkids had a 2 month old baby girl who was SO CUTE, so of course I HAD to hold her. My mom kept saying how weird it was to see me holding a baby, because normally I wouldn't and I didn't used to like kids. Amazing what the years can change! I just wanted to steal the cute little thing!

I've been learning to crochet, my mom is teaching me. I'm happy that it isn't hard to learn. Before I know it I'll be making blankets, purses, hats, gloves, scarves, ... all of it! And I can't wait! I'm sure I'll make baby boots, hats, gloves, blankets, outfits,...! Just for when I eventually have one :)

Anyways, we're back home and I'm tired so I'm going to get off here and just relax! Goodnight all! God Bless!

No comments: