Friday, April 8, 2011

Work, More Work, Then A Birthday Party :)

Today is of course Friday, my busy day, as I've said before.

Today started off with having to get up around 8 a.m. (not complaining to much, that's better than 4:30, which is when Miles gets up) After getting up and getting ready I went to work. I worked from 9 a.m. (I got there about 15 minutes or so before then) to 12:30 p.m., which is when I went to lunch at Everything OK. Miles was off work early enough so I got to go as kind of a special thing. Anyways, I went back to work and was there from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.

After I left the motel, which is where I was working, I went to Wal-Mart to do my bread job. I was there (for work) for maybe 20 minutes, then I went in search of a birthday card for my niece who had her birthday party today, she turned 8 on Wednesday, the 6th.

After leaving Wal-Mart I had to go back to the motel because brilliant me forgot something.

(This is a long story, I know)

I left the motel and went to the ATM across the street to cash my check from the bread job. Then I FINALLY got to go home! But not for very long.

It was about 4:30 p.m. when I got home. I decided that since my niece's birthday party wasn't until 6 p.m. that I had enough time to take a bath, which was much appreciated since my day seemed to be nothing but busy. So as per usual after my bath I got out of the tub and got dressed (DUH!, right?). Came downstairs and did my hair and then I was off again!

Went to the party (was late due to taking a different way there and getting confused) But we had some near perfect timing because my brother had just shown up with the pizza. So thus the party began.

It started with pizza, then presents, to cake, and just hanging out. Some people were in the living room (about half, not counting kids) and then the other half in the kitchen/dining room. Everyone was talking and laughing, while the kids were playing.

Once again another reason to want to have kids. (Between all the pregnant people, the people who've just had kids, the baby showers, and just seeing kids all the time in general.. it's just not fair.)

Miles was of course, since he's loved by children of all ages was getting hit, teased, and laughed at, even when he wasn't telling jokes. He like only he can do made the nice quiet house very, very loud with joyous laughter and the snorting that goes along with the laughter. Which is just his personality, he actually getting much better at being quiet, it's a work in progress.

Anyways, we all just sat around talking, telling jokes, and just being together. And none of it was cursing or corrupt, just good christian fun, which I enjoyed very much!

It's not like I get out of the house a lot, though I would like too! It always does me good to get out around friends and family, which sometimes it seems like the only real friends there are is family, because they have the tightest bonds with you there's blood, marriage papers, years of living together, or just years of getting together for holidays and cookouts.

I wasn't trying to say none of my friends are true, we all just have our own lives now and we are all very different. Most have children, some are in church, some are out of church, some are married, some divorced, engaged, single, some are busy, and some .. well, no we're basically all busy LOL... Anyways, the point is we all chose different paths, which will always makes friendships harder.

We stayed at the party for, I believe Miles said around 2 hours.

And we are now home! He is playing Fallout 3, while I am blogging to you :)


So big shocker, I've decided to change the color (walls) in the living room. I'm going to hopefully go with this dark brownish color, no, it's not one of those ugly or boring browns, it's a pretty brown that is actually the color in my brother and sister-in-law's home. Yes, I'm stealing it. I LOVE it!

I'm also, if everything goes right, going to buy my Va Va Voom red paint for the dining room tomorrow :) Seeing how nice their house is made me want to start painting again! And hopefully I can get my colors all together now that I'll have a more neutral color in the living room! Then I can get more decor!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

Yeah, well, I think that's all I have to say for now, except that tomorrow is going to be busy as well, not as busy as today though. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow, if I get the chance.

Have a good night, everyone! God bless! And stay safe!

No comments: