Saturday, April 28, 2012

19 Weeks

That's right I'm 19 weeks today! I may not post a pic this time because I just did my 18 week photo a few days ago so I really look no different.

I have started getting warmer. In other words I feel like I'm having hot flashes sometimes. My appetite really hasn't came back or went into high gear yet. It's getting harder and harder to get up, which means I ask for hubby's help a lot (just because I can). It keeps me from playing the I'm up.. oops I fell back down game.

What the site says about what's up and coming for me:
Think you're big now? You'll start growing even faster in the weeks to come. As a result, you may notice some achiness in your lower abdomen or even an occasional brief, stabbing pain on one or both sides — especially when you shift position or at the end of an active day. Most likely, this is round ligament pain. The ligaments that support your uterus are stretching to accommodate its increasing weight.

Baby decided yesterday during the funeral to tickle me. Baby's the one person right now that can tickle me that I can't tell it to stop! Which if you know me is annoying because I hate to be tickled. Baby seems to favor my right side. All the movement I've felt has always been on my right side.


What the site says about baby this week:
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.


No comments: