Sunday, June 17, 2012

26 Weeks

Around 14 more weeks to go.. give or take. Still not really any changes, which kinda makes blogging about it boring, but oh well. He's still kicking away (and I'm still totally against people touching my belly) Not as if he'll move for anyone else anyways so what's the point.

 I keep hearing of these women having their baby early as in at 25 weeks or 32 weeks and there have been quite a few of them. It makes me wonder if I should just go ahead and pack my bag now just in case. These women and their doctors have no clue why they went into early labor, but for some reason they did. On the plus side, to my knowledge, each child has been fine.

The nursery still isn't done or really even started on, but hey that's what happens when the person you want to paint it is a really busy person. Lol. Oh well, my mom is one of the most picky people I know, which means she's really good at painting so I know it will be done right. Also the plus of my mom doing it is I don't have to have any people I don't know in the house or have people over for a long period of time that I don't really get along with. If you haven't learned by now I'm not much of a people person so I really only have a few people that I like to see on a regular basis. Proud Loner right here, that's right. It's not that I don't like some people I just prefer to be alone.. well alone or spending time with my hubby or my mom. This is so not about Seth or my pregnancy.. oh well.

The closer we get to my due date the more nervous I get. Reason(s):
I'm afraid that some people will want to be over involved and/or at the hospital all the time. I'm all for people visiting and coming to see my baby (by mine I of course mean mine and my hubby's), but I want to have time for hubby, myself, and our new little one and I want to be able to rest, which I won't be able to do with people coming in and out a lot (at least the hospital will have visiting hours so I know I'm promised a break at some point in time).
And I can tell you right now I'm not going to want people at our house when we get home or probably anytime soon there after. And by soon I may mean days or weeks.
And I definitely won't want any family or friends in the room (besides hubby) if I'm breastfeeding. I know it's a natural thing and honestly if you've seen one boob you've seen them all (besides slight differences), but to me it's just a no no.
Of course I'm nervous about giving birth. But I'm not nervous about having a baby. Sure he won't come with a manual, but I'll learn as I go. And luckily with 12 nephews and nieces I know some of the stuff already and if I don't I can always ask my mom and/or my siblings. That's right I'm having lucky #13, it's a good thing I like the #13.





What Baby Center has to say:

How your baby's growing:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.





No comments: