Thursday, June 14, 2012

Car Troubles

Yesterday was an interesting day. First, my husband's car wouldn't start for him so he had to push his vehicle out of the drive to take my vehicle to work. Well, we'd hoped that it would start when it was time for me to go to work when I woke up. No such luck.

So I called my step-dad and he took me to work and brought me back home. When we arrived back home he took a look at the car and tried to start it and it still wouldn't start. He said it was a problem with some part of the engine from what he heard. And said he would call some people for me and see if anyone could come to our house and take a look at it and possibly fix the problem. After a little while he called me and said that someone we know will come over as soon as he can, but that this person was working so he didn't know when that would be. Fine with me.

After a few hours this person came and looked at the car, tried to start it, and still nothing. I was inside the house so I really don't know what all he did, but another man ended up coming over (Not sure if he was called or what) and so they both looked at the car, still nothing.

Well, I still had to go to work so when my husband showed up I took my vehicle and went to work, I was very late. Good thing my job has flexible hours. As I was signing out from work I text my husband to let him know I was getting ready to leave and asked him about the car. They had got it started! YAY! I asked him what was wrong and he told me he'd tell me when I got home. So I get home and he says, "You know how sometimes on our vehicles we've had to use that engine starting spray (no clue what it's actually called or what he called it)?" And of course I did so I said yes. And he says, "That's what they did and it started up." I guess he didn't have time before work to try the spray to see if it would work. But I really wish he would have had time so we wouldn't have wasted peoples time.

BTW if any of you have read this thank you so much for coming to our house and solving our car problem!

Today the car has an appointment to get an oil change. So I need to go get ready! Have a great day!

No comments: