Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cookies From Scratch

I made my first homemade, from scratch cookies! I found a recipe online. It sounded good, so I tried it.

I wanted a simple and fast recipe and this was it. Sure maybe there are more simple recipes, but this is the one I found and I like this one.

It was a recipe for Chocolate Chips Cookies. I'd been wanting to make some cookies from scratch and figured I'd start with in my opinion the most loved cookies ever. I didn't have just regular Chocolate Chip Morsels so I used a bag of Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Morsels.

I think they turned out pretty good, but I did make a mistake when reading the recipe and put a little more of the Baking Soda and Salt, but it still turned out good. Next time I'll just have to pay a little more attention.

Even my husband said they were good! And trust me he won't lie about food to save your feelings. If you ask his opinion he'll give it.

Okay so here's the recipe, which I originally didn't intend on giving out just so I would have a recipe "of my own" when it comes to family members and friends, but since most of them don't read this I'll go ahead and post it.

Needed:
You'll need two mixing bowls according to the recipe I got, but you could use one. But since I'm giving you the recipe the way I got it, two bowls. Cookie/Baking Sheet(s), Blender, etc.

Flour
Salt
Baking Soda
Butter
Brown Sugar
White Sugar
Vanilla Extract
Eggs
Chocolate Morsels

Preheat your oven to 325

In one bowl sift 2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp baking soda. Put this bowl aside.

In the second bowl mix 3/4 cup unsalted butter (I used Original Country Crock butter), 1 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup fine white sugar (I used regular sugar). Beat on high speed until creamy texture.

To the same bowl add 1tbsp Vanilla Extract, 1 egg, and 1 egg yolk (I just used 2 eggs). Mix until finely mixed.

Mix in 2 cups of Chocolate Chip Morsels

Mix the two bowls together until it looks like cookie dough (Duh)

Take a tbsp of the mixture and place it on the Baking sheet being sure to leave room for the cookies to expand (They get a pretty good size)

Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown/golden

Let cool.

No comments: