Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Courses (Classes)

Well, it's been a while. Hope everyone has been doing well.

      If you remember I had a post about taking a course (I've been calling it a class, but course is the word they use.) I finished that up a couple days ago. I PASSED! I missed one question on the Final, not bad for someone who hates tests.. and schooling in general.

   I'm taking a course on Teaching Preschool: A Years Lesson Plans. I'm taking that so I can find fun ways to help teach Seth here at home. It has some really cute ideas. That course will be over the beginning of July for me.

   The middle of June starts another course for me and that is the second of three courses on Excel. Can't wait to dive in more. Hopefully it isn't to difficult. The instructor so far has done a pretty good job at keeping thing simple enough.


  I'm really enjoying taking these courses.. Obviously I keep signing up for more lol. It was really thrilling when I got to copy my Certificate of Completion! I'm so proud of that paper! LOL.

   You may wonder why I'm so proud of that paper? Reason is because I dropped out of school, 2ish years later I got my G.E.D. (which is better than nothing, but it's not the same), and then I got married and had a kid. I never went to college or did any Online Schooling..and I've regretted it ever since, but I didn't have the money to do it. So each Online Course I complete is just another way that I show that I can do this, that I can be knowledgeable about things. Sure I'll never be a Doctor, but I don't want to be! I don't like blood, needles, etc. Which means I'll never be a Nurse either. BUT I can be smart about Excel, kids, Photography... things I'm going to need/use throughout my life. Maybe one day I'll take something I can make a real career out of, but for now I'm content with just these courses.

No comments: