Friday, April 24, 2015

What Do You Want Them To Say?

Picture it, it's the end of your life. You know that soon you'll be dead leaving behind family, friends, acquaintances, and even enemies. The thought comes across your mind..."What will they say about me? How did they really see me?"

Now look at your life. Think about who you are, how you act, facial expressions, attitude, personality,.. all of it. What do you think they'll say? What would you say if you were someone else looking at you?

So what did they say?


Very recently an elderly woman passed away and person after person mentioned how they remember her testimony and her faithfulness. After seeing and hearing about her and all the good things over and over I couldn't help but stop and think, "I want that!" and "What will they say about me?"

No matter what age I pass. I want people to say good things about me.

I'd like things to be said of me like: faithful, caring, loving, strong, a great friend, confidant, always smiling, great mom, etc.

I don't want people to say: she did the best she could (which typically means not much), she had her moments, she could be smart, she was there most of the time, etc. That's just an Ish, like our Asst. Pastor preached. I don't want to be an Ish, but that's a whole other Blog Post.

So lets say you're like me and in your very honest look at your life you decide people wouldn't always have great things to say or they won't say what you want. Guess what we're still alive, which means we still have a chance to change. Will it be easy? No. But I bet it will be worth it.

So what do you want them to say? ...

No comments: