Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

It's that day again, it's Mother's Day! Like every other year and every other holiday it snuck up on me. I keep saying I'm going to be better prepared and have all my holidays/birthdays gifts covered long before.. and I am better than I was before, but I really hope to one day have gifts bought ahead of time. But that isn't what this post is about. This post is about Mother's Day.


The sweetest, orneriest, most beautiful little boy made me a mother. He makes me want to cry out of frustration some days, but he makes me want to cry out of complete and total love some moments. Like when I'm crying and he looks at me and says, "No cry, no cry.." and helps wipe my tears away with no direction from anyone. When he comes and gives me a hug/kiss just cause, once again with no direction from anyone. When he says, "Love you". Those moments make it all worth while. Those moments heal my heart of any bad things he's done before. Those moments make my day brighter. Those moments are the reason I would die for him and fight to live for him. Those moments make me see/understand why a mother's love for her child is so strong. I love being his mom. I'm so glad God blessed me with this precious boy.


My mother is THE BEST MOM ever! She's beautiful inside and out. She's my best friend. She sees me for who I am and loves me despite my faults/failures. She gives me her best advice, but doesn't try to force me to do things her way. She is a shoulder to cry on and a rock to lean on. She is a godly example. She's a wonderful Grandma. A fabulous cook. A designing genius. A gifted musician. Crochet pro. Cleaner extraordinaire (Danny Tanner). She prays for me and only wants the best for me. She's all these things and more. I'm so grateful that God gave her to me to be my mom. I love you, Mom!


I hope you've all had the privilege of having a mom that, in your eyes, is as great as mine. Hopefully you've spent time with her today or if you couldn't spend time with her at least called or sent a text.
If your mother has passed away I hope you've taken this day to remember the good times that you had together.

Hope you're all having a great day! Happy Mother's Day!  

No comments: