Wednesday, March 27, 2013

How Do You Change How You Feel About Things?

How do you change the way you feel about something? 

I have certain things in life that I have tried and tried to change how I feel about them. I have prayed for God to change how I feel. I've tried explaining to myself why how I feel is wrong. Nothing so far has worked. 

Now I know that I prayed and God may change my mind about it in time and that he has perfect timing, but for right now I feel awful because I know how I should feel, but I have been unable to get past the way that I currently feel. 

I know I'm being vague and that it's so much easier to help someone when you know the situation, but for the sake of myself and others I think it's best if I don't give any type of real hint. I'll tell you this much one is about a person and the other is spiritual. 

Now before anyone who really knows me says anything about the spiritual thing I'll explain something. No, I have not changed my views. No, I am not dropping out of church. It's not about an uncertainty in what I believe or what the Bible says. I think that gives enough explanation to make people not freak out. 

If you have advice then fabulous! Please feel free to leave me a comment. After all I know I'm not the only person who struggles with this so maybe someone else will read this one day and see your comment and it will help them too. If you don't have any advice, but have still read this than just take this as me 'getting something out of my system'

Thank you all for reading, I really appreciate it. I hope you have a great day! 

No comments: