Friday, December 20, 2013

Follow Up Doctor Appt.

      Almost 2 weeks ago I had my follow up appointment with my doctor about my antidepressant (escitalopram generic of lexapro). 

      Basically all he asked was if it was working and if I was still having any side effects from it. 

     After asking those questions he talked to me about the length of time that people stay on this medication and why. Basically they found that keeping a person on this medicine for 9 months to a year gets rid of the depression completely. After that period of time a person can decide if they want to go off of it and see how it goes or if they can decide not to rock the boat and stay on it, either way is fine. He didn't ask me to decide right then and there, but I did make up my mind when I was there. I'm going to take it for a year then go off of it an see how it goes. If I don't need it great, if I do than I do. 

     There's been one hard thing about being on these pills (besides the first 2 weeks) and that's realizing that you're still going to have bad days. Why? Because you're human. I may be having a great day one day and be in an awful mood the next day. Antidepressants aren't meant to put us on a permanent high, they're meant to help you deal with the hard days better than you did before aka instead of wanting to kill your spouse you may now just want to slap them lol. 

     Sorry it took me so long to post. Hopefully after the Holidays I'll be able to get a better blogging schedule. And find other things to blog about. Maybe something interesting with pictures! Lol. 

    I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! And of course good mental health :) 

No comments: