Saturday, December 7, 2013

Work Well

     Most days at work the day just drags on. I’m talking about work on Fridays at the Motel. I have people coming in and out to pay rent, fill out applications, ask questions, a couple people that come in to get their mail, people filling out leases, etc. It’s never the same amount of people. Some days I’m swamped with people all day long with only minutes in between and other days I might as well be sitting in a cemetery.

   

    Today I didn’t have a lot of people coming in, but it still seemed to go by quickly! Thank God!!

   It’s not a hard job by any means and most of the time I like working here.. Well, as much as you can like getting up out of your nice, warm bed and going somewhere besides the recliner at this “early” in the morning. My early is like10am lol. I don’t seem to function right until sometime after 10. But I get up on Fridays at 8:30 and get to the Motel around 9:45, open at 10. 5 hours of work like this really isn’t difficult most days. As long as I’m not swamped or as long as the day isn’t dragging it’s “a piece of cake” I’ve got a great boss *wink* (For those of you who don’t get that my stepdad is my boss lol) (And he is a great guy)

    You know family owned and operated businesses really are great, it’s a shame that you can’t find many family businesses anymore. Just saying.

    My job consists of filing things, dusting, vacuuming, taking out trash, doing dishes,  doing laundry (wash, dry, fold, and put away), receiving rents, complaints, maintenance issues, signing leases, delivering mail, some computer work, trying to keep things organized (Not an easy job around here!), etc. None of it is hard. Although filling out a lease when you can’t seem to keep track of what you’re doing and having a hard time remembering things is complicated. You have to fill it out, explain it to them, have them sign, go over some rules, tell them where things are, make sure to copy their ID, get their rent and deposit, and give them the keys. It doesn’t really sound that hard, but when your head is pounding and your mind is on 50 different things it gets a lot harder. So now you know basically everything that my job consists of. Jealous? Lol. I’ve been working here since December of 2010. The longer you’re here the more things you have to learn, but there’s only so much you can do in 5 hours with people coming in and out.

 

    I had a great day. Hubby brought me Chinese! He’s so great. He can be a butthead, but he can be really sweet too. I got to see my sister for like ½ a second lol. I got a break from my adorable, but frustrating little boy. Sure did miss him while I was working.  And I felt like I accomplished quite a bit while working, but most of it is unfortunately not in noticeable things :/

 

     Well, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Do something fun for me! LOL.


No comments: