Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Friends Definition


The definition of the word friend according to www.dictionary.com :

friend (frɛnd)

— n
1. a person known well to another and regarded with liking, affection, and loyalty; an intimate
2. an acquaintance or associate
3. an ally in a fight or cause; supporter
4. a fellow member of a party, society, etc
5. a patron or supporter: a friend of the opera
6. be friends to be friendly (with)
7. make friends to become friendly (with)

Now, I know that having friends, making friends, and being someone's friend isn't always easy. But so many "friends" now days can't even compare to the definition.(#1 a person known well to another) We have all these people we call friends, but how much do we really know about them.(#3 an ally in a fight or cause, supporter) I've never seen a true ally lie to the person they're supporting (#6 be friends to be friendly (with)) To be friends or to be friendly isn't to go behind there back and say bad things about them, but tell them something nice when you're talking to them. I'm not saying I'm perfect or that I've never done any of that because guess what I have, but as we say in church "I'm preaching to the choir" I have a lot of people to say sorry too, but it may be just to hard to say it, but one day you'll all know. So if I've been a bad friend then I'm sorry and one day I'll tell you myself. Maybe on facebook, maybe in person, an e-mail, a letter,... whatever method I use. And some of you may not even be worth apologizing to, but I'll do it because I need to, because I have to forgive you and you have to forgive me, that is if you want forgiveness from God.
Luke 6:37 (King James Version)

37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

No comments: