Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Good Way To Get Things Done And Feel Good About It


I hate to do things around the house, to be honest I'm lazy and I want to do what I want to do. I say that it's not going anywhere, so it can wait. Are you anything like me? If so I may have a way for you to "enjoy" doing things that need to be done and it's simple and I'm not charging for it, unlike everyone nowadays who has a good idea. It's a checklist. Yes, you may have tried a checklist before, but it's possible that you weren't doing it right. A checklist shouldn't only be the things that need to be done, but you have to include something that you want to do! I'll show you an example of a checklist I would make.

1.) Wake up @ 8:30a
2.) Take a shower or bath
3.) Watch a movie/eat <---FUN
4.) Do dishes
5.) Feed/water cats
6.) Clean litter box
7.) Sweep kitchen and office floor
8.) Watch a movie <-----FUN
9.) Clean up living room
10.) Pick up clothes in the bedroom
11.) Wash laundry
12.) Dry Laundry
13.) Go to work
14.) Cook
15.) Eat and enjoy movie with hubby <---FUN
16.) Put away leftovers
17.) Do dishes

You can add whatever you want to it and mark it off just as if it was something that needed to be done! Video games, movies, Facebook, Blogger, Play with the dog or cat, Take a walk,... you can add anything! But you have to do the things that need to be done! You can treat yourself a few time in the day, but make the main part of it work. Let's say your room is a wreck in my case it'd be you have clothes all over the place and it seems like way to much and you start to panic. In this case I'll change #10 to look like this.

Example: 10.)Pick up clothes in bedroom (Clothes of the dresser)

And the next day I'll do #__Pick up clothes in bedroom (Put away clean clothes) and I'll get to the ones on the floor the day after, that way I'm not just loaded down with this big room, but I just do a little bit each day until it's done. And you can do a little bit in a few rooms until they're done then do another few rooms until they're done. I also like to add little pick me ups on my list in case I start to not want to do things.

Examples: (I've gained weight so I'll put something like..) Yes, this will be hard, but getting up and doing this will help you to be active and lose weight! You can do it! (or the whole I have no faith in myself, but.. and it'll look like this) Everyone has faith in you and they know you can do this, so do it for them!

Anything that will inspire you to keep going and do what needs to be done.

I hope this helps. Just remember it's not supposed to be easy, but it has to be done. And don't forget to treat yourself to something YOU want to do or you'll go insane and it'll seem like way to much to handle. So happy cleaning!

No comments: