Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Kitchen Only

So we left off with me on Cloud 9, but still completely aware of my imminent transfer to cashier....

Today I went in to work ready to learn the register like they'd told me I'd be doing today. I wore my hair in a ponytail which I don't normally do because I deal with the food, but since I'd be on register I didn't have anything to worry about. I go into the backroom nervous, but smiling. I'm thankful for my job and even if it meant transferring to a new shift and to a cashier, which I didn't want to do, I'm going to smile. Anyways as I was saying I walk into the backroom and my sister and her boss (my boss too, of course) are talking and they tell me I did a great job yesterday then my sister tells me that she won't be training me on register.. So I'm thinking that's odd.. and (not sure if I actually said anything now that I think about it. Either way with a look or words I asked why) and she said that corporate told her I'm Kitchen only! That thrilled me beyond words. I did not want to be a cashier. I'm all for hopping on a register to help when they're desperate, but for that to be my job, no, please don't make me. My sister and boss told me the inspector told them all the same things he'd told me about me taking pride in my job, how much he appreciated the pride I took, and how good I do cooking the food, etc. After that my sister walked out to do something and I looked at our boss and said well I guess I'll put my hair up LOL
My days and shift are going to change a little. I'm going to do 1/2 of my days on 1st and 1/2 on 2nd, which will make it easier on my whole family. I will be working 2 jobs on Fridays, but I'll be getting a 3 day weekend this way so it's a fair trade.
I'll have my first mandatory meeting on Friday, if my sister was correct about me having to be there. I'm excited to start this newer part of my new job. This is my 3rd week and it's been crazy and changing so quick, but I'm loving it and I'm so grateful to be "stuck" in the kitchen. God knew what I wanted and needed and He gave it to me. I'm so blessed! Now speaking of my job I need to get to bed so I'm well rested tomorrow.
Can't wait to tell you new stories. I'm sure I'll have some soon!

No comments: