Monday, January 17, 2011

First Hospital Visit

So Saturday at around 11:00am my husband was at work. They had scheduled them to work so that they could paint the floors not everyone was there just the higher ups and a few people they chose to help them. Did I ever tell you my husband became a Lead Op or aka a higher up? Well, if I didn't he did. Lol.


Anyways I guess there was this paint roller and the roller cover was to long so Miles decided to cut off the extra inch or however much so that it would fit properly. While he was cutting the cover he ended up cutting his hand, he cut the part below the thumb (not sure what it's called).


He text me while he was at the hospital and told me that he'd cut his hand and that he was at the hospital because he had to get stitches. He ended up having to get 12 stitches! Thankfully he didn't hit a tendon or anything dangerous.


He still has to go to work, which is where he is at this moment, but he has some medication to help with pain and some antibiotic to make sure he doesn't get an infection.

I'll try to upload some pictures so you can see what it looks like. Just as long as everyone remember SAFETY FIRST!



P.S. After the whole incident they decided to tell him that he was supposed to cut it with some ax. Great timing! LOL



...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like the part of the hand I'm talking about is where the Abductor Pollicis Brevis muscle is, just in case anyone would like to know what it's called.