Thursday, May 12, 2011

Broken...


When is the right time to return to "normal" when you know some family will never be the same again. I mean really who told you it was okay for the world to go on like normal?

The Bible says to weep with them that weep and to rejoice with those that rejoice. But how is it okay to rejoice when someone else is weeping? Isn't that like tearing yourself in half?

I feel torn and so broken. You'll have to let me explain...

First off let me state that many people would say that someone isn't really their friend because they don't hang out with them. Well, let me tell you something, that is wrong.

A real friend has nothing to do with how much you hang out.

A real friend is the person you can call in the middle of the night when you don't know how you're going to make it through a situation, a real friend is someone who cares about you, who wants good things for your life, a real friend is someone who will stop what they're doing and pray for you when you're in need, a real friend is someone who loves you despite your faults,....

Now to why I'm so torn/broken.

When I know someone that has died and I care for them and consider them a friend and I know their family and their closer friends and I see all these people hurting because of a loss in their lives... there are no other words that I could use to describe it other than, it breaks me. I can't even really describe what I mean by it breaks me, but that's what it does. Yes, it breaks my heart, but... it feels like it goes further than just my heart, it breaks every part of me.

I just needed to share that...

HE's still God! HE's still able! HE's still a healer! HE's still a miracle worker! HE's still everything to me!

No comments: