Monday, July 9, 2012

29 Weeks

11 weeks left until my due date and I cannot wait! I'm SOOO close to becoming just me again!.. Me with a newborn baby :) No more sharing my ribs, getting kicked from the inside, not being able to sleep on my back (at least not for a long period of time), no more super swelling (at least not due to pregnancy), I'll be able to bend down with more ease, etc.
Anytime I start to take feeling normal for granted I hope I can remind myself of how miserable I was being pregnant!
I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Which is going to make my Wednesday a little busy, but that's ok. I never received a call from the Dr. so I passed my 1 hour test! I can't wait to hear what all the Dr. has to say. This will be my first every 2 week visit so I'm sure she'll start giving me more info on what I should do in case of such and such. And hubby will be able to go with me since he's on his 2 week shutdown  :)
I've been swelling up quite a bit recently, which I'm sure is mainly to do with this horribly hot weather we've been having. Heartburn hasn't been showing up much. Kicks are getting harder, movement is feeling weirder and weirder (he's stronger so it's stretching me out further when he moves against my stomach), harder to breathe at times, belly feels heavy (go figure), etc. Oh, and the back pain is horrible!
I'm so happy about something though! I've had quite a few people that have told me that for being pregnant and being so far along I look great :D That makes my day! I was so afraid I would get all puffy and gross looking, but for the most part I've lost weight and typically only look swollen because I'm swollen from heat..my nose may be a little bigger, but so far it's not bad at all! I'm so thankful that I'm taking pregnancy so well!
I'm still hoping to go into labor either early (2 weeks early) or right on time or of course somewhere between the two. I don't want to go late I'd like to be "normal" again soon.

I think our cats know that things are about to change... I don't think that they know why or what though. One of our cats, Scooter, who is most definitely my husband's cat has been following me around and laying with me, which is VERY different from his normal behavior so I think at least he feels the change coming.

My Dr. thinks that, given the growth rate Seth is on now, that he'll be around 7 or 8 lbs so no huge baby for me. Thank God! I'm hoping for 7 lbs, not necessarily 7 on the dot just in the 7's.

And just in case you're wondering there have been no signs of contractions. Thank God! If I have contractions any time before 37 weeks I'm sure I'll freak out. I want this baby to be full term when it comes out and that starts at 37 weeks. So as long as he bakes until then I'll be happy.

Baby Center says:


How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

How your life's changing:


Your baby's very active now. Your healthcare provider may ask you to spend some time each day counting kicks and will give you specific instructions on how to do this. Let your provider know if you ever notice that your baby is becoming less active. You may need anonstress test or biophysical profile to check on your baby's condition.

No comments: