Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Praying Hard or Hardly Praying?

I find it funny how so many people call themselves Christians, including myself. 

My church is having this 24 hour week long prayer chain and I signed up. Which means that each day for 1 week I'm to pray at that time for the whole hour! Now I knew this would be difficult when I signed up, but I did it anyways. 

How sad is that? I mean seriously we call ourselves Christians but how many of us actually take the time out of our day to pray for an hour or two or even 30 minutes? I can tell you that I normally don't and that's why this is so difficult. 

I know that I should pray more, we all do. We make time for work, friends, family, television, video games, etc. but we don't make time for God. I don't know what else to say except its sad. 

Prayer keeps us strong, it makes us better people, it gives us a greater relationship with God, and so much more. So why on earth do we push out something so important? Last time I checked my movies, shows, video games, and all that other stuff isn't helping me to be a better me. It isn't strengthening me. Maybe it scares us. Maybe we're "to busy". Maybe we forget. 

So sad, so sad.

No comments: