Saturday, June 30, 2012

28 Weeks

That's right, people I'm in my 3rd trimester! I'm beyond excited! I'm SOOOO close to getting (a) to meet my baby and (b) to no longer sharing my belly!

Ok so I had a Dr. visit on the 28th and Seth's heart rate was in the 150's. He's still breech, but has plenty of time to flip. Dr. did say if at 34 or 35 weeks he hasn't flipped then we will start going over the options, but I'm sure he'll flip and if he doesn't that's fine too. God has it in his hands. I also at this appointment had my GD 1 hour testing (they said they would call if there was a problem and that no news is good news) They said I would more than likely hear from them the next day and so far I haven't heard anything.
Now since they were already taking blood they took a little bit extra to check my thyroid because I've been losing lots of hair instead of getting the nice thick hair, but as I said so far I haven't heard anything from them so more than likely everything is fine. And if it isn't my thyroid than she said it's just the way my body is reacting to the pregnancy and more than likely I won't lose more hair after giving birth. By the way, so no one thinks I'm going bald or anything my hair is still super thick and full so I'm doing good.  

It's been super hot here recently so I'm back to swelling up a lot. Heartburn still hasn't been bugging me that much. I've got plenty of back pain (upper back and shoulders not lower back) Breathing is a little hard at times. The heat is even more unbearable than before (I've never done well with heat). Getting up from bed, recliners, the sectional, the car, etc. is becoming even more difficult (Go figure)

I've been working on my registries :) After all I'm getting down to the final stretch on this pregnancy and I'll need to have the registries ready for the Baby Shower. Hopefully everyone will remember to remove things from the registry that they've bought.
Mom and I have been discussing the Baby Shower and picking out dates, she's going to contact someone about the location, I've picked out the colors I want to use for decor, we've discussed food, etc. Still haven't talked about games or such things, but I'm hoping not to take up a lot of time from people's day. So hopefully we can get a few fun, simple, quick games maybe a guessing game.. while everyone is doing the games I could eat and then while everyone is eating maybe I'll open gifts and then cake, which we can all enjoy together! I think that sounds pretty good. I want everyone to have a good time, but not feel like we're taking up hours of their busy day.



Baby Center says:


How your baby's growing:

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

How your life's changing:


You're in the home stretch! The third and final trimester starts this week. If you're like most women, you'll gain about 11 pounds this trimester.
At this point, you'll likely visit your doctor or midwifeevery two weeks. Then, at 36 weeks, you'll switch to weekly visits. Depending on your risk factors, your practitioner may recommend repeating blood tests for HIV and syphilis now, as well as doing cultures for chlamydia and gonorrhea, to be certain of your status before delivery. Also, if your glucose screening testresult was high and you haven't yet had follow-up testing, you'll soon be given the 3-hour glucose tolerance test.

No comments: