Wednesday, October 17, 2012

You've Never Known Love Until...

I know a lot of people say that once you have a child you really know love, but sorry I have to disagree. Yes, I love my son and I put his needs above mine (no matter how hard that may be at times), but I don't love him more than my husband, it's just a different kind of love.

Sure there are things that I would do for my son that I wouldn't do for my husband. I think being a mommy means a lot of sacrifice for your child and their needs, but marriage involves some sacrifice too, just once again a different kind.

Being a mommy you feed your child before yourself no matter how hungry you are, you sacrifice time that you would spend with your husband, friends, and family, you sacrifice sleep and sanity (at times), etc.

Being a wife you put your husband above your family and friends, you may sacrifice getting something you want to get something he wants (same as with a child), it's no longer what you want to do or where you want to go, it's no longer I it's we, etc.

I don't think that the people that feel more love for their children are wrong for feeling that way, but I know I'm not wrong either. I just think it's a difference in personalities. Either way I love being a mommy just like all of you and honestly that's what matters :)

No comments: