Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Nerve...

Today I got the nerve to tell my husband something that I didn't want to tell him.

To give some explanation: I love my husband very much, but he can react weirdly to things that I think are no big deal.

This particular experience has to do with an ex. Now I don't know about you, but I've always believed in trying to be friends with my ex's. Sure you may have to give it a few week, a month, or maybe a year or two, but after some time you should be able to be friends. Of course you have to monitor things that you say, things that may have once been okay to say, but now would be inappropriate.

Anyways, this ex had text me. And it was a little weird, but I was okay with it, but due to a past experience I was unsure how my husband would react. I was actually scared to tell him, not that he is abusive or anything like that, I just can't stand when he's mad at me, especially when I don't think that I did anything wrong.

After he got home from work we had to discuss a few normal everyday things, in this case the check book, but after that and before supper, by the way we had Subway YUM! I told him that I had something to tell him and that I didn't know how he was going to react, but that I hoped he wouldn't get mad and then I told him. He wanted to read the messages that we had sent back and forth and I guess I understand that, I'm sure I would do the same thing. But after I told him and he read the messages he had this look on his face, he looked upset, so I asked if he was mad and thankfully he said no.

I'm so glad he wasn't mad and even better I'm glad I got the nerve to tell him before I received a text and he found out like that! Now hopefully I can get the nerve over the years of marriage to tell him all the things that I may be scared to tell him no matter if it's something like this experience, my opinion on something, or anything else.

Do you have any stories like this you would like to share? Or any advice? If so please feel free to leave me a comment. Like all of you married people know marriage takes a lot of work and advice (at least to me) is appreciated.

Have a great day!

No comments: