Thursday, August 18, 2011

His Job Is Harder On Me Than He Thinks...

My husband is a wonderful man. He works really hard so that I don't have to work very much, to pay our bills, to buy us nice things, etc. He works 12 or 13 hour days. He gets up in the morning at 4:30a.m. (or 4:50a.m.) leaves the house by 5:10a.m.-ish and then he's at work from 6a.m. to 6p.m. or later and finally gets home 30-45 min. after he gets off. It seriously feels like I never see him.

He talks about being sore and being tired and I completely understand that he is sore and tired. Sometimes he seems to think that I don't really realize what working like this does to him, but I do. I appreciate all of it because he's doing it for us and the family that we will one day have.

His being gone so much throughout the day has really taken a toll on me, especially here recently. I think today has been the first day that I really realized what it does to me, because today is the first day that I've just broke down and cried. He doesn't know that and I'm ok with that. He has enough stress in his life without knowing how bad his job effects me.

On the plus side he is trying to get another job, one that is actually in our town. We don't know what shift he would be working (or if he'll get the job or an interview), 1st would be nice, but either way he'd only be 5-10 min. away from home so it would be a blessing. We are praying that he'll get a call from them here soon for an interview and that they'll hire him and he'll be able to start right away.. unfortunately the place is on a hiring freeze, but God knows how important this is and He can make a way.

My husband is a good worker, so there's no reason for them not to hire him. He'll work overtime and he's a fast learner, good at training people,... he can do it!

Please help us pray that he will get this job and if this job isn't God's will that He will lead us to the job that is (and that it be in our town) Thank you!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: