Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 3, 2012

I took Nyquil so I slept decently. I needed the Nyquil because I only had a few hours sleep the night before due to our unforeseen loss. I woke up feeling better. I could think about Safari and not cry and whenever I felt like something was going to make me sad enough to cry I would think of a happy moment where she was playing or cuddling with Miles or myself and if that didn't work I would try to shut her memory out completely, just to keep from crying. I did so well, I was over half way through the day and I hadn't cried, but then at around 4:30p.m., maybe 5:00p.m. I was talking to Miles on the phone and I brought her up. I said how I missed her and I wish that I could hold her and I lost it. I cried for a good 30 minutes or so (off and on) then I continued on with the rest of my evening. Miles received the last 2 of his Christmas gifts so he opened those :) He fell asleep while I watched Tangled. And then we went upstairs and finished Trespass, which just about made me cry again due to it being what we were watching when we found Safari. We then watched No Strings Attached. Yeah we were up until 1a.m. or a little later, I don't think he knows that.  Then we went to bed, well we were in bed already, but you know what I mean, we went to sleep.
And that was my January 3rd.

No comments: