Wednesday, January 11, 2012

No. It's not a work that we like to hear, no matter who it's coming from. It is simply no. No you cannot go, no you cannot have, no you're not going to change my mind, etc. It's a hard word to hear when you really, really want something.

I currently want something so bad, more than I've wanted probably just about anything, but unfortunately the answer to my question is no. The answer isn't coming from my Husband, Mom or Dad, Sibling, Aunt or Uncle, etc. The answer is coming from God. You see God is the only one who can do what I'm asking. I know that sometimes the answer is no and God has a reason, whatever it is. But no is just so hard hear at a time like this.

I know that even though the answer is no that it isn't because He's incapable, it's just no. God is still a Healer, Way Maker, Peace Giver, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Alpha and Omega (Beginning and the End), etc. He never lost a title by telling me no because He's still all those things.

I'd love to say that all my prayers that I've ever prayed have been met with a yes, but I wouldn't be where I am today if they had been. So no is sometimes the best answer. I don't know why that is in this case, maybe there's something greater to come, another prayer being answered or a lesson that we needed to learn. I just don't know. I do know that as long as it's God's will that everything will be alright. And so I continue my best with life...

No comments: