Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4, 2012

And finally I am to today. So far today hasn't been very interesting the normal eating, taking a bath, getting dressed, checking the mail, etc. I will have to go to work today, yesterday was my day off, a very much needed day off.

I must admit that the only 'good part' of losing Safari that I've found is that I'm trying to be much, much more loving to our 3 cats. I mean we aren't mean to them, but sometimes they just get put on the back burner when it comes to being pet and loved on. But now first thing when I get down the stairs I tell our cats individually good morning (insert name) and I spend a minute or so petting each one. And I make time throughout the day to talk to them or just sit down next to (or stand over) them and pet them. If they want to lay in my lap I am much more willing to move everything out of their way so that they can. And before we go to bed we make sure to go to each one of them and tell them good night and pet them. It may seem weird to some people, but you really never know when the last day of their (or your) life will be and while they're living and while I am living I want to take the time to let them know that they are loved.

So you've heard my day so far and a 'lesson' I've learned through our loss.

I'm getting ready to go to work and thinking about dinner. Not sure if we'll be going out to eat (since we still have gift cards to spend) or if I will cook. I'd much rather prefer going out because I don't like to cook and when you go out to eat someone else has to do the dishes. That may be kind of mean, but hey they get paid to do it.

I think I will continue (or at least try to continue) blogging about each day. I may miss some days, but I'll try my hardest to get on here and tell you what's going on, how I'm feeling, any new lessons I've learned, etc.

I can't wait to see what the rest of this year has in store for my husband and I, I'm sure things will get much better than the way it started (In Jesus Name!) I also can't wait to see what happens in the lives of the people around me. It's all pretty exciting.

I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog and that you will come back and join me on my next blog. Have a great day! God Bless!

No comments: