Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pinterest..

Pinterest <---- Click here (only if you would like to join)

So I had NO clue what Pinterest was and I couldn't really look at the site without joining... So I joined.

Okay, more like I requested to join, which in all honesty I think is stupid, but that's the way they work it. Once I was offered a membership I got on and at first I thought it was kind of stupid. But it works for them and I'm assuming they have a good reason for doing this. After all wouldn't you like to make sure that the right kind of people (non trouble makers) are on your site. It would stink to get a site up and then have a bunch of heathens ruin it.

So I mentioned I thought it was stupid, here's the reason. I mean really you just sit there and find pictures that you like or love and Pin (or Re-pin) them, add a comment about the picture, and select which board (category) of yours that you want it posted in.

BUT
The more I looked around the more cool things I found! You can find DIY crafts, sewing, crocheting, knitting, recipes, clothes, etc! You can post pictures of 'My Favorite Things' (or whatever you would call it), 'My Dream House', 'My Style' (Fashion, Clothes, etc.), etc. You can create a new board and call it anything you would like. And there's no nudity allowed so you don't have to worry about running into anything you shouldn't see.

It will find your friends from Facebook (or whatever) and automatically connect you to them and it will also connect you with people that have common interests once you select a few things that you are into.

Once you get to your Main Screen you look at it, if you're like me, and say, "Huh?!" But it's simple. The Main Screen shows all of your friends Pins, which is all the things that they like and it shows you where they got it from (or who they 'stole' it from), their comment on it, and what Board of theirs that they Pinned it to. If you see something they've (your friends or any random person on the site) posted you like you can 'Like' it or you can 'Re-pin' it. Now you can also go to Blogs or other websites and if you see something that you like or love you can hit the 'Pin It' Button that the site had you install, select the picture that you want to Pin and a little box will come up where you select which Board, add a comment, and then officially Pin it. Oh, on this page you can also choose to post it to Facebook (or wherever you originally signed in from)

You can look around the rest of Pinterest by using the tabs. The tabs are Everything (Where you choose from the different categories what you would like to look at), Videos, Popular, and Gifts (Which you can select a price range and it will show Pins from people who've Pinned good gift items that are within that price range)

The ADD + Button if you click it will bring up a box of options, which are Add a Pin (Add a Picture from another website), Upload a Pin (Add a picture from your computer), and Create a Board (Add a new category for different kinds of Pins)

And there's more, but I'm sure you can figure that out on your own. And if you can't then feel free to comment on here and I'll be more than happy to help you.

I might add that unfortunately Pinterest cannot take pictures from certain websites, which can be a bummer, but I'm sure if you want it on there bad enough you'll find a way to get it on there. Even if you have to save the picture to your computer and then load it onto Pinterest. Lol. Just a thought...

Happy Pinning!

No comments: