Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Standing on His Promise

I'm finding my husband and myself in a hard spot in life where I must daily remind myself of Philippians 4:19 which says,"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (KJV)

I, like everyone, else hate being in a position where I'm not in control, like I'm currently in. And that makes me remember Matthew 6:25-34 which in short it basically says not to worry about tomorrow. It talks about different animals and how God takes care of them and aren't we more important than the animals. So we aren't to worry about food, drink, clothing, etc. In verse 34, after going through all the previously said things, it says,"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (KJV)

Both of these scriptures help to remind me that no matter how bad it may look that God is in control and He will take care of my situation. I'm not saying that I don't worry because I do, it's human nature and no matter how hard I try not to something always pops up that makes me worry. My worry isn't saying that God won't/can't provide, but more saying that, in my opinion, it's getting to be a close call. And then I just remember that God has never let me down and in most cases when it seemed like everything was falling apart and that there was no way to fix it, that's when He would come in and fix everything. So here I am standing on His promise, knowing that He'll take care of my and my family, but we just have to be patient. Patient definition: bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint. That's so not easy to do...

No comments: