Friday, May 25, 2012

Swimming!/Learning To Be Selfless

I'm finally going to get to go swimming tonight! YAY! I absolutely love swimming!
Now the question is will swimming while pregnant feel any different then swimming normally? I know I won't be able to really swim like normal, but I can be in the water and move around maybe do a little bit of treading. But what I want to know is will my belly feel weird? Like more floaty LOL.  All I know is the water is going to be 90 degrees and it's going to feel great.
I need some exercise, but it's WAY to hot outside so this will be a great way for me to get some comfortable exercise while being pregnant. Swimming is supposed to be safe throughout the whole pregnancy according to everything I've heard and read so maybe I'll be able to go swimming at least once a week to get some of that very needed exercise. I'm so glad that there are somethings I love that being pregnant won't be taking away from me!
Not that I resent being pregnant. I most certainly do not! I just wish I could live 100% normally and be pregnant. Heck I can't even eat hot dogs because I just puke them back up. So no matter how good they sound it's a no!


It's been such a strange thing knowing that I HAVE to take care of myself to take care of my baby. I'm used to being thirsty, but just saying,"Oh, I'll get it later." Because I was the only one I had to worry about. Now it's I feel thirsty, "I don't want to get up, but I have to because it's what my baby needs." I no longer get to think about just me and what I want. Everything I do now involves my baby. No matter how lazy I feel I have to be selfless now to ensure that my baby gets what it needs.
I know this will be something that I'll be doing not only during pregnancy, but after as well. As a baby no matter how much sleep I'm lacking if my baby needs fed, changed, etc. I HAVE to get up and take care of him. And it won't even stop there. Once my child(ren) move out then I won't have to worry so much about it because they'll be adults and I had my time to raise them and then it will be their turn to live their life. Not to say that they won't ever need help and to a reasonable amount I will help. I'm not sure that after having a child you can ever go back to being selfish, some part of you will always be selfless especially when it comes to your child.
I think that being pregnant and carrying your child for 9 months is part of what teaches you to be selfless. It's a bonding experience, a weird bonding experience in my eyes, but a it's also a very powerful bonding experience. To carry that child and to deliver that child from your body, to go through the pain... But somehow God planned that to all be part of bonding. I don't think I would have come up with it, but I guess that's just one of the many reasons that I'm not God.

 Well, I've got places to be. Maybe I'll pop by tomorrow and let you know how swimming while being pregnant feels :P Have a great rest of the day!

No comments: